Weller WE 1010
The latest addition to our WE Line is a powerful yet easy-to-use and cost-effective digital soldering station that comes ready to meet the requirements of a range of soldering jobs. The Weller WE 1010, 120V soldering station features a new design, enhanced power and performance, intuitive controls and improved safety features.
WE1010NA comes with a one-channel soldering station, a WEP 70 electric soldering iron and a PH 70 safety rest. It offers 40 percent more power than the WES / WESD station and has an overall low total cost of ownership.
Plus, now you can take advantage of a special $20 move-up rebate when you upgrade your current soldering station to the WE 1010. Now is the perfect time to take your workstation to the next level.
What Does It Come With?
When you purchase WE1010NA, you'll receive the following:
- WE1 station 120V
- WEP70 soldering iron 70 W, 23 V
- PH70 safety rest
- Cleaning sponge for WEP 70 safety rest
- ETA tip 0.062” / 1.6 MM screwdriver
- You can use a range of tips in the ET series tips family for the WE 1010, including ETH, ETK and ETO tips in a variety of sizes. This range allows you to get the job done, and the long life of the tips helps to keep costs low. We recommend using genuine Weller ET series tips.
Who Is It For?
WE1010NA is a versatile product that's suitable for a range of users, from soldering professionals to beginners and everyone in between.
- Professional Use: The WE 1010 is an ideal tool for commercial and industrial uses because of its professional quality. Experienced craftsmen will not be disappointed with the performance of this professional soldering iron kit. It meets and even exceeds many of the standards and specifications that professionals would expect from any comparable soldering station. It empowers you to reliably and efficiently produce high-quality results. This consistent quality will improve your professional reputation, and the new efficiencies you can achieve will help your business run smoothly.
- Education and Training: This latest addition to the WE product line is also a good soldering iron for education and training. It's easy to use and features numerous safety features that will help prevent incidents in the classroom or during on-the-job training while at the same time helping students to learn practical skills. Its relatively small size and light weight also help make it easy to manage in a classroom environment.
- Beginners and Hobbyists: This unit is also a good entry-level soldering iron kit, so it's even suitable for hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts. Its affordability, ease of use and safety features make it easy for anyone to use it with only basic orientation and a review of safety considerations.
What Are This Soldering Iron's Applications?
The WE 1010 soldering station is ideal for a broad range of projects. The ability to use different tips and operate the iron at various temperatures helps you get quality results for many types of work. We recommend using this tool for applications such as the following:
- Recommended: We recommend using this product for relatively easy professional soldering jobs, including work on electronic kits and printed circuit boards. The tool is also useful for cable assembly and working on indoor lighting, and it's ideal for use in educational and training settings.
- Acceptable: The following are acceptable uses of the WE 1010, and while these options aren't as ideal for this system as the recommended applications, it can still produce satisfactory results. You can use this tool for small appliances, small engines, electrical projects and audio systems. It's also useful for hobby models and crafts, especially if you're looking for the best affordable soldering iron that still provides a considerable amount of power and number of features.
- Not recommend: We do not recommend using this product for micro-components, metal art, jewelry, heat sinks, ground planes or automotive or marine work.
What Are the Benefits of Using This Powerful Soldering Iron?
For many reasons, the Weller WE 1010 soldering station is a smart soldering solution for several different types of jobs. If you want a powerful tool that gets the job done quickly and reliably, try the WE 1010. This unit has many advantages, but some of its main draws are its:
- Power: With WE1010NA, you'll have exceptional power to get the job done fast. As the most powerful soldering station in its class, the 120V, 70W power station helps you work efficiently, reliably and precisely. With 40 percent more power than the WES / WESD station, the WEP 70 soldering iron heats up faster and has a shorter recovery time, which helps you produce high-quality results and get more done every time.
- Ease of use: The WE 1010 is extraordinarily user-friendly. The controls are designed to be intuitive, and the iron features an ergonomic design that's easier to control. The power station features an easy-to-read LCD screen, three push buttons and a power switch on the front of the unit. The iron is lightweight and features a pencil design that makes for comfort and easy maneuvering.
- Precision: When you use this product, you'll be able to more easily deliver consistently high-quality results. The smooth handling and control that the WEP 70 soldering iron offers and its user-friendly controls contribute to this quality. The excellent temperature stability and accuracy of the unit have a significant impact as well. Additionally, you can use a range of tips and temperatures to reliably get the exact results you need.
- Safety: WE1010NA has numerous features that will reduce potential hazards throughout your workday. It features a reinforced safety rest that provides extra stability when storing the iron between uses. The cables of the iron are also heat-resistant and meet industry standards for mechanical strength. The unit is also ESD safe and UL and CE certified for electrical safety.
- Cost efficiency: Despite having all of these incredible features, the WE 1010 is an extremely cost-effective tool. It's an affordable soldering iron overall and also contains elements meant to help you save money as you use it. The ET tips that the iron uses have an extremely long life, which significantly reduces operational costs. It also has a standby mode that the iron automatically enters into when not in use, which helps reduce energy use and further extend the life of your tips.
What Features Does This Adjustable Soldering Iron Include?
The WE 1010 soldering station includes the following features and benefits:
- 70W power station: WE1010NA features a 70-watt (W) power station that gives you the power you need to consistently produce high-quality results. The power station is 40 percent more powerful than the WES / WESD station, making it a substantial upgrade. This increased power heats up the iron faster and also provides faster recovery time, which enables you to work more efficiently and precisely.
- 70W soldering iron: The other primary component of WE 1010 is the 70W soldering iron. This powerful tool is capable of reaching high temperatures but is also lightweight, allowing for increased control over your work. It's designed in the soldering pencil style and enables highly precise soldering.
- Toolless tip change: The soldering iron also makes it easy to change tips. You don't even need any additional tools to do so. You can quickly change out hot tips by turning the plastic knurled nut located on the soldering pencil by hand. This process further increases efficiency and can reduce the time it takes to complete a job.
- Ergonomic handle: The WE 1010 soldering iron features an ergonomic handle designed for more comfortable handling, less hand fatigue and increased precision.
- ET tip family: The 70W soldering iron works with ET soldering tips and gives you a wide range of tips to choose from. ET tips have a long life, which reduces the total cost of ownership for WE1010NA. Over time, this soldering station could even pay for itself through decreased costs for tips and maintenance.
- Digital LCD screen: The power station features an easily readable digital LCD screen that allows you to monitor your preset levels and adjust the operation of your soldering station. The station's intuitive navigation via this screen makes the setup easy to use.
- Front power switch: The power switch is conveniently located directly on the front of the power station unit, making it easy to quickly start up the WE 1010 and shut it down as needed.
- Temperature stability and lock: The WE 1010 has excellent temperature stability. The temperature lock feature works to stabilize heat levels and prevent them from wavering. It keeps temperatures at plus or minus 10 degrees Fahrenheit or six degrees Celsius of the intended temperature. This enhanced soldering temperature control helps you to create consistent, high-quality solder joints. Having more stable temperatures also helps to protect your components and tips so that they last longer. This temperature assurance enables reliable, repeatable solder results.
- Standby mode and auto setback: This product also includes a standby mode and auto setback feature that helps protect your equipment. When not in use, the WE 1010 can automatically turn down to a given temperature. This feature saves energy and increases the lifetime of your tips, both of which can reduce your costs. Plus, once you set the heat level you want, you don't have to take any action to achieve these savings. You can also adjust the time it takes for the device to go into standby mode — from one to 99 minutes.
- Password protection: You also have the option of using a password to protect all of your settings. This capability helps you ensure that your settings stay the way you want them and helps you to produce consistent, quality results.
- Menu control buttons: WE1010NA is easy to use, thanks in part to its intuitive menu control buttons. The unit features three push buttons. By pressing the menu button, you can scroll through the unit's features and then use the up and down arrows to select your settings. You can use these controls to change the temperature of the adjustable soldering time, choose the time it takes to enter standby mode, lock or unlock the device and more.
- Reinforced safety rest: This product also features a new, reinforced safety rest for securely storing the iron when it's not in use. The safety rest provides extra stability and improves worksite safety by securing the iron in place.
- Heat-resistant silicon cable: The WE 1010 comes with a heat-resistant silicon cable that connects the soldering iron to the power station. This cable meets the highest industry standards for mechanical strength and ability to handle overload and stress.
- Safety certifications: The station, iron and cable are all electrostatic discharge (ESD) safe. The station and iron have passed UL and CE inspections and received a Certificate of Compliance for electrical safety.
What Are the Technical Specifications of This Professional Soldering Iron Kit?
The collection of technical specifications that the WE1010NA offers is a huge part of what makes it such as powerful soldering solution. Its specs are as follows:
- Power supply of 120 Volts (V): The system's power supply equals 120V or 60 Hertz (Hz). The low voltage 120V soldering iron system increases safety and reliability while providing the power needed to get the job done.
- 70W power: The soldering iron wattage of this unit is 70 watts, giving you enough power to consistently provide high-quality results.
- Dimensions of 5.91 L x 4.72 W x 3.86 H inches: The dimensions of the unit are 5.91 inches lengthwise by 4.72 inches widthwise by 3.86 inches heightwise. They're equal to 150 millimeters (mm) lengthwise by 120 mm widthwise by 98 mm heightwise. This relatively small footprint can help you keep your workplace uncluttered so that you can work more efficiently and safely.
- Weight at approximately three pounds: The WE 1010 weighs just over three pounds, or approximately 1.4 kilograms (kg), making it easy to handle.
- Temperature range of 200 to 850 degrees Fahrenheit (°F): Depending on the tool, the device can operate at between 200 and 850 °F, or 100 to 450 °C. This wide range of temperatures gives you the ability to precisely and reliably complete a wide range of jobs.
- Temperature accuracy of plus or minus (+/-) nine degrees Fahrenheit at idle with no load: You can offset the average tip temperature to +/- 9 °F, or +/- 5 °C, at idle with no load.
- Temperature stability at +/- 10 °F: The WE 1010 soldering station offers excellent temperature stability at +/- 10 °F, or +/- 6 °C, which enables you to create reliable, precise results from solder joint to solder joint.
- Approximate heating time: 28 Seconds From 120 to 660 °F. WE1010NA offers an approximate heating time of 28 seconds from 120 to 660 °F, or 50 to 350 °C. This speed helps you to complete projects more efficiently.
Our Move-Up Rebate
You can reduce the price of your new Weller WE 1010 even further by taking advantage of our move-up rebate. We're offering $20 cash back for customers who upgrade their current soldering station to the WE1010NA.
To redeem this offer, once your purchase your soldering station, go to weller.4myrebate.com. You'll then log in and upload proof of purchase of your WE 1010 and a picture of the product label on the back of your old soldering station. You'll then receive $20 cash back just for upgrading to your new soldering kit.
How Can You Learn More About Our Soldering Irons and Distributors?
If you'd like to learn more about our precision soldering iron, you can take a number of steps:
- Download our brochure, which has detailed information about the product's specifications, features, benefits and applications. It also includes information about the tips you can use with the system as well as pictures of the WE 1010.
- You can view our video here to learn more about how the features work and the benefits they provide. The video will walk you through the product's features so that you can get a better understanding of how everything operates.
- You can also use this tool in augmented reality. Just download the Weller AR app. When you look at our brochure using the app, it will come to life and create an interactive multi-media experience that will help you get a better understanding of how the WE 1010 works. The soldering station will appear in 3D, images will become movies and animations will spring to life to help explain the product. We're using this cutting-edge technology to help give our customers a better experience learning about and understanding our products before purchasing anything.
- If you'd like more information and want to stay updated on our products, sign up for our email list.
- Another easy way to learn more about the WE 1010 is to contact us or visit a distributor. Our distributors can explain more about the product to you, or even show it to you if you visit them in a brick and mortar store.
If you want a powerful yet versatile soldering station at an affordable price point, WE1010NA is hard to beat. With top-of-the-line performance, ease of use, safety features and affordability, it's the perfect soldering solution for a wide range of jobs.